Tarnita and Belis lake tour - swimming and barbeque
Join us for a mountain lake circuit of over 150 km, starting from Cluj to Tarnita Lake and then through the forests to Belis Lake!
Belis village is located 80 km from Cluj, having around 1300 inhabitants. Between 1970 and 1974, during the construction of the Fantanele dam, the old village was moved away from its original location in the valley to the nearby hills. Nowdays Belis lake (9,8 square km) covers the entire village, but occasionaly, on dry summers, the old church can be seen rising from the depths...
If the summer weather is fine, don't forget your swimming costume since we'll stop for a few hours to bathe.
For lunch we can chose between a traditional meal in a restaurant on the edge of Belis Lake, or having a barbeque in a clearing on a wood fire, close to the water. Please bring whatever food you like for the barbeque!
Finally, on the way back to Cluj, you have the choice of visiting Huedin's church, or doing some hand-craft shopping in Izvorul Crisului village, or maybe even both!
- duration - between 12 and 13 hours;
- validity - thoughout the year; swimming possible only in the summer
- minimum people required - 2
- what to bring: swimming costume, food for the barbeque;
Note: in case of swimming, remember our guides are not qualified lifeguards. No responsibility can be taken in the unlikely event of an accident.
- 71 euros / person for minimum 2 people;
- 35 - 45 euros / person for 3 - 4 people;
- 25 - 35 euros / person for 5 - 7 people;
- 15 - 25 euros / person for 8 - 11people;
- 9 - 14 euros / person for 12 - 14 people;
- transport and tour Cluj -Tarnita Lake - Belis Lake - Cluj, by car or minibus;
- English, German, Italian or Hungarian speaking guide;
- snack and refreshments, in the car;
- meals during the day;
- personal expenses.