One day of caving and hiking in the North Apuseni Mountains
Take the opportunity to explore the King Forest Mountains of North-West Romania! Located 150 km from Cluj, the region is one of the largest cave-reservations in South-East Europe.
The tour will include visiting 2 caves, 4km apart by foot along the Cris river valley.
Ungurului Cave - located in Suncuius village, is suitable for tourist visits due to its large entrance and interesting palaeontological and archaeological museum open inside it. Archaeological research undertaken in the cave shows evidence attesting to the human presence here since the beginning of the Neolithic Age. The objects found in this cave indicate that the human population was involved in agricultural, hunting, and fishing activities. The cave is also host to over 600 bats, from 10 different species, according to scientific research undertaken in 2001.
Vadu Crisului Cave - located in the gorge of the Cris river valley, is one of the most studied caves in Romania. Therefore, the cave has been visited by many biospeleologists namely: Benno Wolf, P.A. Chappuis, R. Jeannel and E. Racovita. Marked at the entrance by a fine waterfall which tumbles into the Cris river, the cave is composed of a principal gallery, with a stream of over 800m in length.
After visiting the caves, we'll stop for lunch, visit the waterfall and go hiking through the forests around the area.
- duration - between 10 and 12 hours;
- validity - thoughout the year;
- minimum people required - 2
- what to bring: warm clothes, hiking shoes and a rain coat; a torch would also be handy;
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- English, German, or Hungarian speaking guides;
THE PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- transport to the caves
- entrance tickets, fees and meals;
- personal expenses.
- 31 euros / person for minimum 2 people;
- 25 - 28 euros / person for 3 - 4 people;
- 16 - 21 euros / person for 5 - 7 people;
- 10 - 12 euros / person for 8 - 11people;
- 7 - 12 euros / person for 12 - 14 people;
Note: our tours are open to everyone interested, every day of the week. The rates are valid for our guests only!